Plans have been finalised for the Harrow Car Club Social Road Run on Sunday 17th August 2014.
Our “Treasure Hunt” is an observational quiz, ie a pre-determined course punctuated with questions, the answers for which can be found in most cases, by looking out of the car window – what could be simpler!
The hunt is a circular route of approximately 60 miles, commencing and finishing at The Crows Nest, (on the A41) Tring. Initial RV is 10.00am, continuing until approximately 4.00pm with a lunch stop in the Buckingham area. The route has been chosen to provide everyone with an enjoyable drive, as well as meeting the needs of the hunt.
To anticipate a few likely questions…..
* You will have a course map with a complimentary set of written instructions – the map reading skills required are very elementary, no more sophisticated that those you would expect for a drive outing.
* Each question is independent of the others – you do not need to answer one in order to solve the next
* Whilst the route of the hunt traverses some fast A roads on occasions, all answers are located in areas which are conducive to slower driving with safety in mind
* There is no time(d) element to the hunt – IT IS NOT A RACE
* There is a very modest entrance fee of £10 per car payable on the day to cover the cost of prizes and free raffle entry.
Where and When
9.45am – Arrive at The Crows Nest, Tring Hill, Tring HP23 4LD
10.00am-12.30pm approx – Treasure Hunt, AM section
12.30pm-2.00pm – LUNCH – We will be taking a lunch break at the Boycott Farm shop which offers a range of hot and cold served food, retail sandwiches, cakes and buns etc. We have a reserved parking and seating area for those ordering in the cafeteria.. (Food and refreshments are not included in the event cost). If you purchase on site or bring your own food and drinks you will not be allowed to consume in the reserved seating area at the owners request.
2.00pm-4.00pm – Treasure Hunt, PM section
4.00pm-5.00pm – Marking, raffle draw and prize giving, (bragging, complaining it was too hard etc)
What do you need to do?
Not much – just let us know if you are coming please by 10th August 2014 to assist in terms of map production and reservations at the lunch stop. Please contact Matthew Slade to confirm you are joining us. Telephone: 07527619333 or email: email@example.com
Hope all is clear and lots of you can join us!!!